On May 25, George Floyd was killed by the police in Minneapolis. This event spiked protests and riots all over the country and in different parts of the world. What’s sad is that it seems to only become a national discussion when we witness a horrific tragedy like in the death of George Floyd. Right now, we are seeing people of all colors coming together and now, the Black Lives Matter Movement (BLM) needs our help. Maybe this time together we can instill change.
As ravers, we thrive on peace, love, unity, and respect (PLUR) as it’s something we love and live by. In our community, everyone is welcome no matter what color your skin may be, making it a safe place for all. We can all create change by standing together, protesting peacefully, having open discussions, educating ourselves, signing petitions, and even donating to worthy causes. Participating in any of these can be a step in the right direction and create change. This is a time where we all need to stand up and work together in order to save lives.
If you are looking for more ways to help, you can contribute to organizations like Black Lives Matter. Here is a list of BLM and BLM LGBTQ charities looking for help.
Black Lives Matter Movement Funds
- George Floyd Memorial Fund
- I Run With Maud
- Tony Mcdade
- Gianna Floyd
- Justice for Breonna Taylor
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- The National Police Accountability Project
- Communities United for Police Reform
- Communities United Against Police Brutality
- Black Lives Matter Global Network
Black Lives Matter LGBTQ Funds
- Transgender Law Center Black LGBTQIA+ Migrant Project
- Homeless Black Trans Women Fund
- Emergency Release Fund
- Black Trans Advocacy Coalition COVID-19 Community Response Grant
- Trans Justice Funding Project
- Black AIDS Institute
- The Transgender District
- House of GG
- LGBTQ Fund