Wondering what DJs are taking to the ocean this weekend? Here’s what they had to say.
Ahoy, fellow readers! What once was an April Fools joke, turns into a reality this very Saturday. Insomniac’s first-ever Electric Daisy Carnival in the middle of deep waters, appropriately named EDSea, will be happening from November 4th through 8th, 2023, over a number of countries and ensuring non-stop partying all throughout.
Artists of all genres and from all around the globe are invited to the Norwegian Joy, including Afrojack, Galantis, Seven Lions, SLANDER, and Valentino Khan to name a few. The ship is set to sail from Miami, and travel through a handful of places, including Bahamas‘ Great Stirrup Cay, and the country’s capital city, Nassau.
Musical Sailors And Their Packing Essentials
Among the monumental, 60-plus roster of artists who will bring joy and infectious beats to the EDSea debut, we could speak to ten of them and ask them a very simple question: what are your five packing essentials for EDSea?
Those who opened up about their must-haves for their upcoming half-week onboard are: top-selling French producer Dombresky, Trance living legend Ferry Corsten, infinite energy machine Kayzo, Dubstep hero Ray Volpe, genre-bender Riot Ten, Trap prowess Rossy, Hard Trap godfather SayMyName, Mexican duo Tom & Collins, veteran top-charting producer and internet personality Valentino Khan, and boundary-pusher Wooli.
This is what they said.
What Are Your Top Five Must-Haves At EDSea?
- Disco hat
- Swim shirt
- Noise-cancelling Airpods
- Sun lotion
- A good spirit
- Bathing suit
- Dramamine (lol)
- My laptop, gotta make music no matter where I am!
- My ASUS ROG Ally, it’s a portable handheld gaming PC I got recently & I have been glued to it for days playing Diablo IV & Starfield. That thing is addicting.
- Portable charger, I have a problem and need to be connected to technology at every waking moment.
- Ghost Energy drinks. I can’t drink anything else. My body is water & Ghost. That is all.
- Glasses cleaner. I can’t see as it is so I need my spectacles to be clear as day.
- Cell Phone
- Eye mask
- Swim trunks
- My laptop
- My Jordan 1 shoes
Tom & Collins
- Hawaiian shirt
- Multiple swimsuits
- Sleeping mask
- My laptop. ‘Cuz I am a DJ and I need to DJ whenever I can DJ.
- A bathrobe. They usually have them in the rooms but I make it a point to wear a bathrobe for at least 24 hours.
- Sunglasses that make me look less tired.
- A compass. I like impressing people with fake nautical knowledge. Usually the compass is the conversations starter.
- A goblet. I’ve actually never done this but it would be nice to drink from a cool cup on the ship. People would also be impressed by this.
- Weed Gummies
From everything noted, perhaps the most important items have got to be Laptops, earplugs and USBs for the gigs themselves. Other interesting bits we read were Dramamine (for nausea onboard), swimming shorts/suits, sunglasses, sun lotion, and, how wouldn’t one, phone, wallet, and passport (!).
What about you? Are you attending EDSea? And if so, what are your top-fives? It would already be time to make a packing list!